Saturday, May 22, 2010

My Birthday Bash toPisco, Peru

This 24th birthday, I had friends and couchsurfers over for a french dinner followed by an evening of light-hearted Taboo and Charades to raise some money for an organization called Pisco Sin Fronteras www.piscosinfronteras.org

I heard about this specific organization through Mike Sharvin, who was at the time in Pisco, Peru, working with the organization re-building homes.
My goal was to raise $300 and at the end of the night, raised $224; a very good friend of mine, Peter (currently serving in Afghanistan)offered to donate $76 to help me reach my goal.

I was really delighted at the realization of celebrating another birthday, this time in a new city, new apartment, with new friends, whom I hope to be friends with for a long time. Thanks to all those who came to my birthday event.






..Becca in charades

Thanks Everyone! It was a blast!

1 comment: